View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 07:44 PM   #24
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default RE:The Official "Knicks to the Lottery" Thread

I think it goes without saying that isiah was going to have to DO SOMETHING. Whether this is the ABSOLUTELY RIGHT something can only be determined down the road. There's just NO WAY that you can judge it tonight.

Take a Mavs trade as an example:

Had Etan Thomas or Courtney Alexander turned out to be big time players, we wouldn't have been so happy with the acquisition of Juwan. And if we hadn't turned Juwan into Raef And NVE and then into Walker and Jamison, we'd probably like it even less.

Are the Knicks a better team tonight ?
Probably so. Can that team win the East...I don't think so, but we'll just have to see.

Are the Suns a better team in the future.
Probably so...but we'll have to see. If it turns out that Lampe or Milos or either of the 2 draft picks turn out to be big time players; and/or the Suns can get a big FA like Kobe....that will make everyone look at this trade very differently.

So, rather than hammering each other on WHAT IT does tonight, let's sit back and watch.

After all, who would have thought that the Nash draft pick that we gave up would turn out to be the Matrix. That pick could have just as easily turned out to be another Uwe Blab or Jim Farmer. We know, in general, what this trade does for the knicks, but we just have no idea of what it will or won't do for the Suns.

Nice post by KG...and an excellent one by WOW.

Most of the writers have said that this was a very bold but very risky trade by Isiah, and I agree with that. The Suns may have gotten a pony or two at the bottom of all of this.