Thread: Mav's problems
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
China

China is on a distinguished road

When I heard that Mav's mindset is to beat your opponent by outscoring them, I laughed. This is ridiculous given the players Dallas have. Do you think Dirk can
outscore Shaq? Do you think Nash can outscore Kobe? Noooo!

The problem with this team, as I pointed out long time ago, is:

1. The mindset is wrong, which leads to the fact that there is no real center on this team, and no defense. Everybody wants to score. This will never lead Dallas to the finals. Phoenix is a good example.

2. Nash is surely a good player with good attitudes. But to be frank, he has never distributed the ball really well despite the fact his average scoring is very good. I
still think he himself plays too much inside, thinks too much of shooting instead of distributing the ball. Kobe can score much, much more than him if Koby decides to play the way that Nash plays. On the court he can only see dirk and Juwan and himself. That is also due to the team's mindset. Shoot, shoot, just shoot! Wrong!

3. There is not much good ball passing on this team between players. This is not good. It made the game less interesting and exciting. Just count how many times Dallas players shoot from outside without passing between each other even if there is a good opportunity out there inside!

I remember when I first pointed out the problem with this team, someone said this is Nelie's strategy: to win by outscoring! I hope the coaching and management team should rethink about this strategy. Otherwise, if Dallas run into either portland, or Lakers, or kings,or even seatle in the playoffs, I bet Dallas is going to lose. The reason is simple, the chance that your shooting percentage outside is very good in every game is very, very low!

In all, I am a fan of this team. And I do wish this team the best in the playoffs.