View Single Post
Old 02-18-2002, 06:39 PM   #47
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

The Wizards WANTED Courtney Alexander in the Howard trade. That was pre-Jordan coming back.

He was deemed NBA ready right out of college. A 24 year old rookie. If he's not ready to play, I don't know who is. Nelson WANTED to rest Finley some but for some reason, he didn't trust Courtney. I saw all kinds of athleticism, myself, but I also saw a guy shooting out of the flow of the offense and not playing any defense.

Nelson tells a guy how he wants him to play and if he doesn't, he doesn't reward him with playing time, he sits him. After a while, he puts him back in and gives him another chances and the process starts over again. The guy either "gets it" or he doesn't. That's why Courtney was playing and then sitting. He wasn't "getting it".

Then, to get Howard, they traded Courtney.

Nesby and Hubert are excuses for Courtney not getting any playing time? Not from where I sit. If Courtney is a player, Collins (and Jordan) will play him over THOSE guys. Apparently, Courtney still doesn't "get it". THAT'S why he isn't playing, not because of Nesby and Hubie. ROTFLMAO. Players play. A coach will play a player. Their jobs depend on it.
David is offline   Reply With Quote