V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Teams that are loaded with Big Men

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Originally posted by: V
I like some combination of Brown & Hughes for Delk + Fortson Wahad or Najera.
Why Brown? He has potential but he hasn't realized any of it yet. He is averaging a half block a game this year in 24+ minutes per game. Granted your proposal gets him cheap but he isn't going to help us this season. Just another guy to sit on the end of the bench next to Stefansson.
Couple of reasons... I really only like Brown if we're talking about one of the gettable younger tier two bigs. He's only 21 years old, according to some he really stands about 7 foot 270lbs, & worst case he has a Joe Smith type career.

There are plenty of other tier two guys that could help e.g. Skinner, Blount, Ervin Johnson, Rebraca, Ratliff, A Davis, Drobnjak, J James, J White etc., but those guys either arent gettable (Johnson); the Mavs may have to give up too much to get them (Ratliff); or they suck (Drobnjak)

That said, I'm leaning toward a serviceable big with some potential which leads me to Diop, Haywood, Mihm, Brown, Curry, Doleac, Foster, Chris Anderson, Nazr M, Okur, Gadzuric, Dalembert, Ely, Borchardt, Santiago, etc...

Of those guys he tops the list of guys I like & who may be gettable...

For detail on "Why Brown" I will quote a PM from ddh33:

Quote:
Kwame Brown is a young guy who looks like he needs a change of scenery. I've always thought he the potential to be a Jermaine O'Neal type player. I don't know if he ever reaches that point now, but I still think he could be a good fit. As a Wizards fan, I can tell you that he is bigger than he is listed. Right now, they say he goes at 7'0 270. That's a big man. But he also has the quickness to guard most 4s. For that reason, I think he would be a great fit here next to Dirk. Just tell him that all he has to do is block shots, rebound, run the floor, and flash to the post. That alone should be able to get you 10 pts, 8 reb, 2 blocks a game. With that kind of versatility, I would almost kill for him. However, he's probably a little expensive, and Washington may want to wait and see what they have. Although, I have heard some rumors that he may be available for the right price.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote