View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 10:14 AM   #44
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:The Official "Knicks to the Lottery" Thread

That whole crowd-on-Chaney thing was sick--more than a little "Lord of the Flies".

I haven't necessarily been a big fan of Chaney's. I didn't think he was the right long-term replacement for JVG, but that he was just holding a place, marking time until they NYKs found a big-name coach.

But two things--

1) Chaney has been nothing but class as head coach for the NYKs. He has totally put his head down and tried to make the thing work with the 2nd-tier and 3rd-tier and 4th-tier talent that he was dealt. The results have been totally predictable, but he has been a total pro.

2) And it's 100% true that NONE of the NYKs situation was Chaney's fault. He was coaching through mistakes made by Checketts, JVG, Layden, Dolan et al.

NYK fans were on Chaney for God only knows what reason--in part because the team is playing so bad; in part maybe because Layden appeared to support him. But no way, no how in my book did he deserve that (having fans chant "Fire Don Chaney!" at the Garden, on a nationally televised ballgame). I wouldn't even want to see Nellie go through that, and I think he might even deserve it a little bit.

That incident the other night just cemented for me the fact that I will never be able to bond with NYK fans. What a classless, obnoxious, overrated, mob-mentality, (and frankly racist) bunch of losers they are. They totally deserve the mess they're about to endure with Thomas at the helm. NYKs will not be enjoyable for basketball, but for sheer unbridled schadenfreude, they may have the best act goin'.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote