View Single Post
Old 02-20-2002, 12:38 AM   #22
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

First of all, I'm not a "johnny-come-lately" Mav fan. There's really no way to prove that, you'll just have to take my word for it.

I said lets bring on the trades, big deal. That doesn't mean I'm having a knee-jerk reaction. It's very obvious that the mavs have no legitimate shot of advancing in the playoffs. We are the WORST defensive team in the league. the WORST. We'll be lucky to make it past the 1st round with the way we play defense.

Our leader still wants to be the "man." It's obvious to anyone who watches the Mavs. Fin doesn't have the drive he had last year, and it shows in his stats. I'm definitely not suggesting that Finley be traded just for the sake of trading, but the man is not as good as some of us think he is. If we think he is untouchable than we're living a deluded dream. Do you think we'd be more successful with Finley and our porous defense, and weak interior/rebounding? Or, do you think we'd be better with say, Larry Hughes slashing to the basket and Danny Fortson banging/rebounding down low?

The one thing that makes the possibility of trading finley so hard to swallow is the fear that he'll get back on track and get back to playing like an all-star. Screw that. I'm tired of this outscore the opponent strategy. I'd rather have one fewer offensive juggernaut and have a somewhat respectable defense.

The one thing you'll notice about teams outside of Dallas, is that even if their offense sucks, they still have the capability to win games because their offense keeps them in it. Defense is a constant. Offense is dependent of a number of factors. Defense will keep us in/win more games in the playoffs than fade-away 3's will anyday.

"Don't give me any BS about this is your "constructive criticism". It's nothing but the rantings of a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum because his team lost. "

For someone who doesn't want to get into a pissing match, you sure have a funny way of showing it. You managed to make this into something personal, while I've done nothing but talk about the Mavs. If you WANT to make this personal, I'm sure your credibility would love to meet that of RCF's.