View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 02:45 PM   #50
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:The Official "Knicks to the Lottery" Thread

For Now, Thomas Rules Out Taking Over as Knicks Coach
By LIZ ROBBINS

Published: January 13, 2004

siah Thomas has not ended the speculation that he will fire Don Chaney as the Knicks' coach. But Thomas did rule out himself yesterday as a coaching candidate — for now.

"We're in the state where I think it would be impossible for me to do both and do them well," Thomas, the Knicks' president, said before last night's loss to the Mavericks. "We're trying to get healthy and we got to dig ourselves out of a big hole. And I don't think I would do this organization justice by trying to do both jobs."

But asked about the future, Thomas held the door open again. "In sports I always say you never say never, because you never know what's going to happen," he said.

Asked if he wanted to say that Chaney could coach the rest of the season to solidify Chaney's spot, Thomas said: "No, I don't. I would never say that about anybody. Those type of broad statements are not realistic in the sporting world we live in."

Yesterday, Thomas, dressed in his team sweats, offered Stephon Marbury a clinic on the pick-and-roll. A minute later, Othella Harrington, Allan Houston, Moochie Norris and Michael Doleac drifted over.

Clearly there is tension between Chaney and Thomas. Chaney did not want to talk about Thomas's impromptu coaching, nor what kind of a benefit that could be.

"No comment," Chaney said four times. "I have a game to concentrate on. I just don't have a comment. I'm just not going to talk about it."

I wonder how many times Cuban has done this already?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote