View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas/Memphis/Cleveland three-way that might make sense...

Quote:
Regarding Memphis, if you have watched ANY of their games, you would know they would NEVER do this... The players they would be trading play A LOT of minutes and are GREAT defensive-minded players that Brown plays when his teams is in need of a spark or a few stops... No way in hell Hubie makes that trade for a SINGLE player, not to mention one not known for defense...

No matter how nice this trade would be, Z aint worth what they would be losing... No chance!
It's well-known that West covets Big Z (or at least I thought it was). I've certainly heard a number of rumors to that effect. He wants a true center, and that's what Z is. I think Memphis would give up some of its depth for that. Here's their roster post-trade (and let's assume we go ahead and send them Best):

Ilgauskas - Swift
Gasol - Outlaw
Posey - Miller
Miller - Wells
Williams - Best

I think they'd do that in a heartbeat. It makes them a better team.