View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 10:42 PM   #43
kiwi

kiwi is on a distinguished road
Default RE:walker-nowitzki feud?

As a Celtics fan I have never seen any basis for race being an issue for Antoine Walker. His antagonism with Ainge goes back to things Ainge said as a comments man that made Aw think that Ainge wasn't going to extend him. I believe AW saw himself as a foundation player for the Celtics and a legitimate All Star but he didnt think Ainge did. He was right.

If there is a problem with Dirk it will be the old problem of "two bulls- one paddock". Mav's are better as Dirk's team with AW as a sort of" Eric Williams with basketball skills" supporting role player. But AW has gotta shoot that three cos he doesnt buy that script. Sometimes that is great, who didnt get a hit watching the cocky upstart trash talking back to Shaq. What must be scary for the Mavs sports psychologists is that I am certain that AW believed this was a conversation between equals.

Thanks for Jiri he has been a real find who has made what is left of our offense work with great basketball smarts. Raef is still in hospital and our lawyers will be in touch with yours about that part of the trade. At least it got Mighty Toine of our board and onto yours.

Hunter S. Thompson
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote