View Single Post
Old 02-21-2002, 04:38 PM   #1
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Hey Showbe,
Why can't you admit Ruben Patterson dominates you every single time you guys go head-to-head? Hell, Ruben kicks your ass even though you you're in bed with the refs.

Check out these numbers from last weekend's Blazers win over the Lakers.

Kobe Bryant: 11-26FG, 28 points, 5 rebounds in 43 minutes
Ruben Patterson: 9-11FG, 22 points, 8 rebounds (6 offensive) in 27 minutes

The most impressive stat of the game was this: Kobe only scored 5 points when being guarded by Patterson.

Read this excerpt from the recap:

Ruben Patterson came off the bench to collect 22 points on 9-of-11 shooting in just 27 minutes for Portland. He also contributed at the defensive end by guarding Bryant.

"Ever since training camp and practice, he's been arrogant," Patterson said of Bryant. "I just try to play physical with him. I can tell he was (frustrated). You know Kobe, he talks a lot."

When Patterson was on the floor at the same time as Bryant, the Lakers' All-Star guard was held to just five points.

"If we bumped into each other in the gym, we're playing one-on-one and I will demolish him," Bryant said. "But playing 5-on-5, that's a different mind set. ... He likes getting up to play me."

Kobe, last time I checked this was a 5-on-5 game...maybe you could beat him one-on-one (I doubt it) but that's irrelevant....you are a great player, but can't your arrogant ass admit for once you were outplayed???