View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 01:09 AM   #6
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:Wallace to Dallas 50-50% (Mark Stein)

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
This is really killing me. I have no doubt that Wallace is a better talent fit with this team than AJ, and for that reason I think we should make the trade if Portland will give us good terms. But the idea of trading away AJ sickens me. I like and respect him so much. He is the kind of player that can make a true fan love his/her team even more than before AJ was a part of it. The only solace I'll be able to take if a trade does get done is that he'll be going to a competitive organization where he'll have the opportunity to win. He deserves that.
I agree. I think Antawn Jamison deserves the absolute best. My big complaint has been that he hasn't always been given a chance to shine here in Dallas. Now, he may never get that chance.

I will say that as the Mavs start to play better, this franchise will probably be less inclined to make a move for Rasheed. Several people have mentioned that Walker to Jamison is starting to look pretty good on the floor. If we see it, others see it as well, and may be more likely to choose to not take such a risk or gamble.

Maybe, as the Blazers continue their free-fall, the price will go down on Rasheed and we can exchange Walker for him instead. I can hope...I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed though. Even worse, I'm afraid those Celtic fans will still be around...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote