Old 01-20-2004, 05:58 PM   #25
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dallas/GS

Quote:
Originally posted by: MightyToine
Quote:
Originally posted by: Charlie Brown
yawn . . . i think i've heard that 'blockhead' comment from nearly every other poster on this board . . . getting kind of old . . .
sorry but I'm new here so I didn't know that. It's my turn, anyway.

And the thing is why oh why would you want the Older Van Exel back?? He has bad knees while Walker has only missed 7 games in his 7-year career thus far....SEVEN GAMES, MAN!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I'm sorry but Walker is a very good player(great player if he continues to pass more and shoot less) AND DURABLE. Van Exel is not.

why are you making this a van exel versus antoine walker thing?? the key players in the trade are erick dampier and antoine walker. i would do that trade straight up if the salaries matched.

and unlike most posters on here, i'm still not sold on antoine walker. sure he's had a couple good games the past couple weeks, but personally, i think the large sum of money that we're paying for his skills could be more efficiently put to use for the improvement of this team. when i saw the team last year in the playoffs, passing was not the big issue on this team. what we needed was better interior defense, which dampier would give more than walker. better rebounding, which dampier can do just as well. and less small ball, where the presence of dampier would much more likely lead to a conventional lineup rather than without him.

i'm not saying walker's a bad player. he's a good player, but he's not what the Mavericks need. actually, i would not mind a lineup of nash, finley, walker, nowitzki, dampier. but we'd probably have to give up jamison, but it is highly unlikely that GS takes him back.

and is everyone so optimistic that walker will rein in his shots for the rest of the season and ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. i still see walker eventually taking 15-20 shots a game and 4+ 3's consistently and it will hurt the team. especially if we hit another losing streak, walker will probably think that his sacrifice was not worth it and go back to shooting the ball again . . . i don't know. it all seems like a volatile situation to me.
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote