View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 09:47 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Sac Media praising Mantis: Bradley makes a difference

Dude, I honestly don't care what Nellie says to justify when he plays Bradley. I really don't. Nellie has said enough in the past to justify using small ball or putting more offensive players in the lineup that his explenations for not playing Bradley just don't ring true to me.

Sure, Bradley's been benched because of effort in the past from time to time. I have no problem with someone saying that. BUT, Bradley's inconsistencies aren't any worse than a player like Mike Fin over the past year and a half. His inconsistencies are much less than players such as AW or NVE. Bradley takes the shaft mostly because of Nellie's love affair with having so many scorers on the court at one time and with going small.

Sure, it's a combination of both. However, I do not think that Bradley's supposed lack of effort or inconsistencies are nearly enough to justify not giving the guy consistent minutes.

And Mavdog, the majority of the time when Bradley's not contributing rebounds, he is still contributing defensively by slowing down the lay-up line. Even when he's not putting much up in the box score, he usually does change the game just by being 7'6 and altering shots on the defensive side. Sometimes, that's all the Mavs need to slow down a team enough defensively so that they can survive.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote