Thread: Scott Williams
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 04:44 PM   #37
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default RE:Scott Williams

Hey espn updated their article:

" According to league rules, waiver claims are based on the record at the time of the player's release. Although the Lakers leapfrogged the Mavericks in the Western Conference standings after Wednesday's games, Dallas had the higher winning percentage (.644 to .634) at the time Williams was waived. Which means that the Lakers would get Williams if both teams claimed him.

League sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that Williams' agent, Arn Tellem, was "working to ensure that other teams (besides Dallas) don't claim him." When Williams was released at 6 p.m. EST on Wednesday, according to sources, all indications still pointed to Dallas being the only team planning to claim him.

Williams has said that if he can't choose the team that secures his rights, he'd prefer to finish the season on the Suns' bench. The Lakers, though, might also appeal to Williams as an 11th-hour option, since he played for coach Phil Jackson on the first three of Chicago's championship teams. Williams, ironically, was unintentionally responsible for Malone's knee problems, falling into him on Dec. 21 to leave Malone with the first long-term injury of his 19-season career. "
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote