View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 02:38 AM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs could use a first round pick

Steffanson represents nothing to the Mavs but potential, but if Donnie saw enough in him to tender him that long term, unguaranteed contract I will trust that he was worth the (almost completely inconsequential) risk of giving him our 15th roster spot.

I'll certainly be interested to see how he does in the Summer league, and I can't help but imagine that whatever basketball potential he posseses will have been well served by playing against the likes of Fin, Howard, Tawn, and Daniels in practice this year. But that doesn't mean that he could net us a draft pick in trade, after essentially showing nobody but the Mavs coaching staff just what kind of basketball player he is, and might someday become...