View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 09:18 AM   #28
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:NVE/Dampier to Dallas...Screw Portland

Quote:
Originally posted by: ddh33
There's no denying that both Van Exel and Dampier have a lot of questions. I think they would be worth the risk however.

Nick has a role here - still. I think he would be an upgrade over Best and would spare Nash better than anyone we currently have.
Dampier is a big guy who has always had talent. I always thought that injuries held him back more than anything. That, and the fact that he played for the Warriors. I think a change of scenery would really help his career. He would be a beast here.

Walker is a big part of this team, and I'm one of his fans, but I think we would be getting the better end of this hypothetical deal. As good as Walker is, I would take two good players for him. I think it would balance our team much better. Jamison could move into the starting lineup, while Nick and Howard (for the time being) came in with instant offense and energy off the bench. I think that deal would clear a logjam and make us better.

Despite any questions, I think Dallas would be getting a huge upgrade.
I agree ddh... Anyone who loves BBall should love watching some of the things that Walker does. But, trading him for Damp and NVE resolve the weakest part of the Mavericks game at the present time. They need a Big C, one who can bang, rebound, and has a little O. Also they need an upgrade at backup PG. As far as Tag goes, why wouldn't you just drop Williams in the offseason, pick him up, and still use a 3-headed center rotation. I wouldn't mind seeing Damp, Tag, and Bradley in the C position - but I don't think other teams would like it much. I can see the game now, Dallas up by 20 and XXX coming back....Nellies inserts Bradley, Tag, Damp, Dirk, and Howard to run the point. That would be a BIG lineup. The Nellie goes small at the end of the game and puts in Nash, Van Exel, Fin, Jamison, Dirk. 5 Scorers to end games. 5 Big Defenders for the Zone. Matchups for other teams would be a nightmare.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote