View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 10:16 AM   #31
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:NVE/Dampier to Dallas...Screw Portland

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I haven't read this thread, but I thought I'd post this here (found it at LMF) rather than start a new thread. I scanned the last page and I don't think this has been pointed out...

Quote:
I just heard this on The Ticket. I don't know how true/false it is, but it would be a great move for the Mavs........

A. Walker for NVE & E. Dampier

The word is, Golden State wants to dump salary and aquiring Walker would make him opt out next year. Also, NVE is trying to force Golden State to move him by saying that he will retire if he doesn't end up playing in Texas by next year (Texas = Dallas). Dallas would get the big man they originally tried to get in the earlier trade in Dampier and the much needed umph in the middle. Dampier is averaging 12 points & 12 rebounds.
I heard this as well. I don't know where they were getting this story. I frankly thought they might be getting it from here. Their basic point was that the Mavs would be crazy not to do this deal. I agree. As much as I wanted NVE traded, I'd love to see him back here and I'd like to see Dampier here as well. Plus Walker's game still bugs me.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote