View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 09:42 PM   #40
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future
Default RE: THE OFFICIAL: "Get TAG to Dallas" campaign

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ostertag the kind of player who drives fans and teammates crazy with his style of play? I would love to ask Malone, Sloan and Jazz fans about that. A tag team consisting of TAG and BRAD would really be a risky undertaking.

"When the season opened many Jazz fans had big expectations for Greg Ostertag. Ostertag was coming off a solid second season in which he played very well defensively against Olajuwon and O'Neal in the playoffs. Going into the season Jazz fans expected that Ostertag had worked hard on his offence, therefore becoming more of a factor in games. Utah management had similar expectations and rewarded Greg with a five year $30 million contract. Ostertag was blasted by Karl Malone and coach Jerry Sloan for showing up to training camp overweight and out of shape. In a season in which Ostertag lost his starting job, saw limited action and was forced to run laps after practice, Jazz fans hope Ostertag now fully understands what it takes to be an NBA player."
(found at http://www.ibiblio.org/craig/draft/1...t/Picks/29.htm)

I know this has been a long time ago, so is Ostertag a changed man now? Or is he still a player that raises high expectations and than shows up out of shape? That sounds so Bradley...

And what about his toughness? He got knocked out by his own teammate once...

THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE (March 15, 2003)

INDIANAPOLIS -- Karl Malone didn't even feel the contact. Greg Ostertag still was feeling it hours later.
While both players scrambled for a rebound midway through the third quarter Friday, Malone's right elbow landed flush, and hard, on Ostertag's head, just above his right eye. The Jazz center collapsed to the floor, unconscious from the blow, while Malone continued to battle for the loose ball, finally diving on the floor to force a jump ball.

I guess that was just an accident...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote