View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 06:12 PM   #14
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Walker/Najera/Best for Kidd/KMart

I found the article at NBA Insider.

And I found who says that "NJ wants to get cheaper." Is it their coach? No. Is it their GM? No. Is it their players? No. Is it their fans? No.

The person that has made such a decision is .........(drum roll, please) ...... Chad Ford, an ESPN writer.

Yes, he has decided that NJ needs to get rid of Kidd and start over. He doesn't think they will ever be good enough to win a title, so he is calling for them to ship away Kidd for "Parker and scraps" and lower their payroll, so they can afford to re-sign Martin. He thinks that Parker is a 10-year-younger PG who will turn into just as much of an all-star as Kidd. His conclusion: they would still be good enough to battle for an 8th seed, and eventually in a few years as their payroll flexibility allows them to sign and develop young players, they would again be competing for conference titles for several years.

I find the whole concept to be ludicrous and just flat out dumb. They are already competitive, but he says it is better to get rid of your best player so you can suck a while, so that later you can maybe get back to where you already are. That is supposed to make sense for NJ, is it? Sheeeesh.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote