View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #27
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Walker/Najera/Best for Kidd/KMart

KG ... you know what, I didnt start this little nonsense, so chill out dude.

My point, and I still say it is valid, is that it is destructive to these trade conversations to throw in supposed "facts" that are not facts. If you are guessing or surmising, heck I couldnt care less, we all do that - but just say so! If you tell me something is a FACT though, then if I ask you about it, back it up somehow. Instead, once I questioned it, I got "well, it could have been true perhaps." What kind of info/fact is THAT?

Does it make a difference in whether or not NJ is really "looking to dump Kidd" or not, when you wanna talk about Kidd being traded to Dallas? Sure seems like it to me.

Does it make a difference in whether or not SA is really "offering to trade Parker to NJ" or not these days, if we are talking about getting in the mix to get ahead of SA in a contest for Kidd? Sure seems relevant to me.

You said "Max's comment "SA is offering Parker" was clearly made with reference to the past rumors and scenarios " - but it actually wasnt. Only when I called him on it, did he admit it was news from 9 months ago. And he more or less argued with me that because there was some slight chance that it could be true, then it was valid to assert that it IS a fact. Thats why I pursued it.

Anyhow, lets let this drop. Time for a new subject. This whole idea (that SA is trying to trade for Kidd) is utter nonsense with no basis at all.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote