View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 11:15 PM   #19
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Rasheed Wallace: Will he be traded or will he remain a Blazer or will he simply walk?

GRBH ... huh? The guy asked me a question. I was attempting to answer, as straightforwardly as I could. Not sure what exactly you are objecting to, but I have an opinion, and where it comes from in this Wallace trade scenario was a whole set of complex intertwined issues.

MAX ... "Why shouldn't I inquire about the logic (or lack therein) of your posts?" ...if you think I am not logical, thats fine. If you want to debate my logic, thats fine too. If you have certain (specific) points you want me to explain further to see whether you agree or not, thats fine too. If you disagree with me, thats fine too.

I know lots of people think otherwise than me on this Wallace situation. My opinion is just that - its an opinion. But unlike most people, I never thought Wallace would get traded before the deadline by the Blazers (and still dont). I thought their price was going to be way high, and that the Mavs were (and are) only looking for cheap cheap bargains right now.

Yes Max, I meant to imply that the Mavs didnt have enough interest in Wallace to have been chasing such a deal with Portland. If one plopped into their lap, if Portland chased them, where they could get him dirt cheap, yes I think they would have said yes. But I dont think they had enough interest to make a realistic offer. I think the Mavs were looking for a deal at pennies on the dollar, and the Blazers were never offering such a deal.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote