View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #32
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Walker/Najera/Best for Kidd/KMart

MAVS ...I would prefer to just let this topic die.

But to answer you, you said: "there is not a single analyst in the media that actually knows what trade is going to happen" ...I am aware of that. But they do get quotes from GMs and the like. They do glean facts and info at times, and print it.

I was told here that SA is doing something, right now. Was it a fact, or derived from some reliable source? Nope. Not a fact or a quote or anything that would support that. It turned out that no one anywhere has said it is happening.

Now maybe the guy misunderstood what ESPN was saying. But it sure wasnt a fact. ESPN never said any such thing is going on, in any way. If he misunderstood, all he had to do was say so - instead, he wanted to argue about it.

Perhaps I shouldnt have used the word "lie" when it turned out that ESPN did NOT say what he and others claimed it said. But when I came back and reported that there was no such report at ESPN (and at that point, I didnt jump in and call the stuff lies), instead of saying "I misunderstood" he said "well it could be true." If he is going to push me on it, I tend to push back - so now at that point he KNEW it was baseless, yet he still wanted to pursue it as if there is some merit to what he had claimed?

Anyhow, thats the story. And as I have said several times, why dont we let it all drop? This thing has been beat to death already.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote