View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 03:20 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:NVE to Indiana and Dampier to Dallas

Quote:
"In the process we lose our second best playmaker and wildcard player who probably gives us the best chance to beat the Western powers."

ddh;
I can agree with everything that you have written until the line above. While Walker is a good player, he is just as likely to have a TO or work on his mason degree from the 3 pt line, as to be a great playmaker. Fin, Nash, and Jamison are all more efficient scorers.

Walker has talent, but it is definately wildcard talent. It might make you or break you. This is a high risk stock that could give you something or nothing. Too high risk for reward in my opinion.

I am thinking that this team needs a steady hand to clog up the middle - if they are talking about winning it this year. I am not sold on Damp, Davis, Tag, or Big Z. Wallace/Ratliff no longer available. Who else is available?

The most glaring need of this team, imo, is to sure up the 5. Either by person or committee. To win it all this year, imo, we need another 5 to pair with Bradley.
Do you think we can win it all this year as presently constructed?
If not, who would you get?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote