View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 03:35 PM   #6
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:NVE to Indiana and Dampier to Dallas

You pretty much expressed my point, I think.

Unlike many, I don't hate Antoine Walker. I think he brings very unique set of skills to this team that come in very handy against the better teams in the league. At the same time, I think that he is not necessarily needed here, and at times, actually hurts this team. I would gladly move him for a center, but it would have to be the right kind of center or the right kind of deal. I don't want to pay that infamous "NBA center inflation" where to get a serviceable center, you have to give up an allstar type forward or guard. I guess I'm afraid that Dampier isn't a big enough upgrade for this team.

I do believe that this team needs a quality center. I just don't think anyone is available who would make that much difference. I thought that Rasheed gave us the best chance of winning a championship this season, even with his baggage. I think Portland was figuring out what I had been screaming for a while. Move Rasheed inside more and go with it.

Right now, I don't see anyone who puts us closer to a championship than we are right now. Out of the list you mentioned, Z would be my first choice, followed by Dampier, but I don't think either is an upgrade.

The best option, although it would hurt in the short term, is to look at young big guys who might develop into stars later - like Kwame Brown, Eddy Curry, and such...Of course, those guys probably hurt us this season. Not to mention, they probablt aren't available. It seems to me that we are in a catch 22.

Just keep proposing deals, and I'll tell you which ones I would sign off on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote