View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 04:00 PM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:NVE to Indiana and Dampier to Dallas

Quote:
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
DDH ..."I do believe that this team needs a quality center. I just don't think anyone is available who would make that much difference."

In general I agree. But there comes a time when you have to suck it up and go. They have taken your approach for quite awhile, and the result is that they have the same problem over and over.

Kinda like the Rangers, and pitching. "We dont see any we like. They are too expensive. We cant get any." And so there goes yet another year down the dumper for lack of pitching, or lack of a serviceable C.

They have tried to ignore the problem, or tried to make other positions so good that lack of a C doesnt matter. It is getting time that they go for "best available big man" and be done. Yes it will cost them some talent, and the F they give will be more talented than the C they get. But you hafta trade your surplus for your needs, or else you get stuck with the same needs and never get out of the rut.

I agree with this statement. Now who are you going to get with this "Chip" you are holding?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote