View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 04:16 PM   #12
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: NVE to Indiana and Dampier to Dallas

My first try would be a ADavis-Curry (or Chandler) combo from Chi. Davis has a really ghastly contract, and I surmise they might be willing to move Curry (or Chandler) if they could get free of Davis in the process.

My second option would be Dampier. Me personally, I am not sure just how good he is, only know his numbers this year look good. If Mavs scouts think he is for real, the Dampier-Robinson package someone on here tossed out would appeal to me. In a sense, I am thinking that Dampier might be the closest thing to a good choice thats going to be out there, unless they can work something with the Bulls.

Z would be worthless here - just one more player who doesnt play D, and he is slowwwwwwwwwwww (he makes bradley look like Bob Hayes by comparison!) and extremely immobile. Same with Mutombo. DDavis is old and not so hot. Woulda liked a package for Ratliff perhaps, but that of course is not doable now.

So other than those (Chi, or Dampier), I probably keep my chip for now, and just wait til the summer and try to get 'Tag for "free" with the MLE.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote