View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 12:22 AM   #23
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:NVE to Indiana and Dampier to Dallas

The common idea is that this team is eventaully going to have to bite the bullet and give up one of our star forwards to get a legit, quality center. Make no mistake, I agree with this statement completely, even if it seems otherwise. I believe that this team needs a solid 5 to take us to that next level.

At the same time, I don't think we should throw around a trading chip like Walker unless we're getting a definite upgrade. Not every center is, in my opinion.

Z might be, but that's awfully questionable. In fact, the only way I would deal for him would be to get some of Cleveland's other talent. That makes that deal unlikely.
Dampier might be. I liked the Cliff Robinson/Dampier package better than a lot of things out there. But part of the reason for that is because I am a a big Uncle Cliffy fan. I think he's always been underrated, especially on defense. He could really help this team in the playoffs - even if his numbers always drop then.
Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis would also have my attention. I would probably do that deal. I think Curry needs a change of scenery in the worst way. In Dallas, he could be an inside presence, concentrate on developing his rebounding, and block a shot every once in a while. I know we don't need a ton of scoring, but I would love to have his scoring here. Add in Davis as a warrior type player to throw himself around, play D, block shots, and rebound, and you have the making of a dominant frontcourt.
I would have seriously considered a Rasheed deal, but because of all the questions surrounding him, that would have had to be on my terms too.

Like I said, there are deals that I would do. I believe that we need a center and that a chnage will probably be needed to take that next step - I hope I'm wrong though. But, like I said, there's no reason to make a bad deal. Let's wait until we can do something that is more on our terms and makes sense to this organization in more ways than one.

The bottom line is that this team is in a stronger position to bargain shop and bet than most. This team isn't desperate and doesn't have to make a deal, even though I suspect everyone realizes the possible need to.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote