View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 02:19 PM   #43
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:With Wallace gone...does that open the door for a trade with Golden State?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
Quote:
Originally posted by: MightyToine
Quote:
Originally posted by: ddh33
I agree with you about needing a good - not great center. I would like to have a great center, but they aren't available.
My point is that I'm not really prepared to deal away a forward who is very good for a center that is decent. I would do it, but it would have to be a package deal where we got something else that would peak my attention.
Why can't we sign OSTERTAG for the MLE this offseason instead of dealing Walker for a center?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
What's wrong with KEEPING Walker and Getting a GOOD Center like Ostertag?
Thats most likely what we're going to do this offseason. Unless an obvious must do trade is offered I dont think we're going to move Walker or Jamison this season or this offseason...it all depends on our playoff performance
Dirk;
I really hate the idea of "standing pat" this year, when we don't know that we can sign Tag, and don't know what injuries/complications will happen in the future. I do truly believe that we are a "good" center away from having the best chance to "win it all" this year. With that said, I only trade one of the forwards for a "Good" center. If not, I keep all of them, and take my chances. The debate comes to - Who is a "Good" Center?

I don't think their is a Center <u>available</u> that the front office thinks would "put us over the top", so I doubt any trades are made. With that said, I don't think we win it all this year, and we retool for next year - still looking for another Center.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote