View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 12:22 AM   #1
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default Dirk to Mark: Keep chillin Cubes!

Fox blurb

Nowitzki to Cuban: Relax
Print story AIM story Email story
GREG BEACHAM / Associated Press
Posted: 2 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — German NBA star Dirk Nowitzki thinks his Dallas Mavericks boss Mark Cuban worries too much.

Cuban made headlines last weekend after trading jabs with U.S. coach Larry Brown over NBA players' involvement in the Olympics and other international tournaments.
Cuban would prefer to keep his high-priced players out of international events to safeguard their health, though he hasn't yet made an ultimatum to international regulars Nowitzki, Steve Nash of Canada and Eduardo Najera of Mexico.

Nowitzki, a Western Conference reserve for the NBA All-Star game on Sunday, was the Most Valuable Player of the 2002 world championships. He also participated in the European Championships last summer, and he doesn't think any of it has affected his play for the Mavericks - quite the contrary, in fact.

"The whole thing is a little overrated," Nowitzki said. "I'm 25 years old. I can take it. If I wasn't playing there, I'd be playing pickup every night. It's just not a big deal.

"When I'm in competition, I'm getting better. You can really improve your game if you're working at it all the time. I don't think it's something to worry about."

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote