View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dirk to Mark: Keep chillin Cubes!

This is the junk:

Quote:
"The whole thing is a little overrated," Nowitzki said. "I'm 25 years old. I can take it. If I wasn't playing there, I'd be playing pickup every night. It's just not a big deal.

"When I'm in competition, I'm getting better. You can really improve your game if you're working at it all the time. I don't think it's something to worry about."
Pretty much everything he said. He CAN'T take it. He got another ankle turn this summer that kept him from working out i'm sure. He's NOT as sharp this year as last. I do not believe that he gets better in competition when his team just expects him to fill it up predominantly from the outside. That's NOT his weak points.

He says that this competition improves his game, I don't buy it. I can see him taking a lot more time in the weight room, working on low-post moves with a trainer. I can see for example michael finley spending the whole summer working on his handles, seems like an obvious deal to me.

Look at how malone works in the off-season. Doesn't touch a basketball at all. All he does is work-out, get stronger and more physically ready to play. Again as mark told brown, dirk doesn't know what he's talking about her.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote