View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 10:14 AM   #15
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:When will the Mainstream Media pull their head out of its ...

Quote:
Just because we weren't at the wedding doesn't mean we can't say we know what basic vows were made.
"vows" such as this are typically made in private between two people.
remember, no one has been shown to have done ANYTHING yet.

Quote:
Infidelity is a court accepted basis for divorce, so I think it is safe to assume that marriage implies a promise of fidelity.
Fidelity is honouring your committments to another. You may be "safe" with any assumption you wish to make, but to assume you are knowedgeable about the committments other's (who you don't know) make to each other is NOT "safe" by any means.

Quote:
Also, Kerry's wife has been quoted as threatening violence against Kerry if he cheated on her, so if he was cheating it would only be reasonable to assume he was lying about it.
That statement by the Senator's wife only supports a conclusion that the entire rumor (keep remembering that no FACTS or PROOF has been given) is bogus. She would have reacted, and reacted quite strongly and aggressively it seems, if this were true.

Quote:
As far as Drudge goes, I think everyone knows that his site is a gossip site. He was only passing along what he heard. He didn't report it as fact. Hell, even Wesley Clark mentioned the scandel. I don't see anything immoral here.
oh yeah, that's a wonderful service Drudge (and I guess we can include with Mr. Drudge The Star, National Enquirer, other rags that have stories about alien family members) do for us. You follow suit by taking a RUMOR that Clark said something "off the record" and have made it now FACT! (wait, are you with Drudge?) So we should just publicise any "gossip", any rumor, no immorality in that eh? hmm...

OK, how about this: hallibuton won it's Iraqi work on non-competitive awards. Who made these decisions about the contracts? The White House? They overcharged the US Gov. millions. I heard a rumor that Cheney received some of that $. Most of the deal was done in private meetings and Cheney won't provide the minutes of those meetings. So there's overcharges, we don't know where it went, Cheney is acting protective, it MUST be TRUE! I bet I can get a special prosecutor before the elections...
Now, I don't have any evidence, but why should there be anything "immoral" about putting this rumor out as a news story?
Hint: It would be wrong, immoral, to accuse Cheney without any evidence.

To use gossip and rumor to damage a political rival is taking one's morality to a very, very low level...perhaps to amorality. It is indicative of a candidate who does not wish to debate their record.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote