View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 06:32 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dirk to Mark: Keep chillin Cubes!

Quote:
Well, I've only see him shoot it 4 times this year. 2 were in the same game.... 2 were in separate games. 2 went in... 2 did not. But at the end of last year Dirk was in the post a lot. In fact when Dirk went on his scoring binge the last 1/4 of the season he was routinely in the post. Can you say the same for this year? And he was effective in the post last year. So why not put him there more often this year?
I would AGREE that dirk and stevie played a lot of high pick and roll. That doesn't mean post to me. In fact dirks post game still lacks quite a bit IMHO. It's one of the reasons he gets his rear-end handed to him so much in there.

Quote:
You cannot deny the fact that Dirk is efficient is down low. Whether it looks pretty is beside the point. He gets the job done. So when Nellie says Dirk hasn't improved in the post, is hogwash. And the reason it is hogwash is because Nellie hasn't put him in the post enough this year to evaluate that. And only through repetition will a player become great in the post.
See above. Dirk will NEVER be a great low-post player until he becomes heavier and stronger. He does not get position worth a durn down there. If there is a bigger guy on him instead of steve's guy who is switched, he's pretty much useless. In that case he's better out on the perimeter.

Quote:
As for his defense... he might not improved that much but Nellie is playing him at a difdferent position for the first half. Did Dirk know he was going to be our center for 90% of the first half? I seriously doubt he did. And trying to learn a new position on the fly the player will struggle for awhile. But I gaurantee you this:

Dirk will not be playing center next year for the majority of minutes.
So that was because??? Raef was traded right? What's your point, should nellie have been throwing out najera (as he did) fortson (as he did) and losing games? I don't like dirk playing there either. But if you were on-board trading raef for walker then what do you have to gripe about?

[quote]
And if that is true then that means Dirk lost a year of defensive maturity because of the coach... not the player.[q/]
Good grief, dirk played two years ago predominantly as center. He currently plays whoever he matches up with better. Poor,poor dirk. His defensive (lack of) is also nellie's fault. Not his own desire, I guess.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote