View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 06:47 PM   #40
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dirk to Mark: Keep chillin Cubes!

Quote:
I would AGREE that dirk and stevie played a lot of high pick and roll. That doesn't mean post to me. In fact dirks post game still lacks quite a bit IMHO. It's one of the reasons he gets his rear-end handed to him so much in there.
And he played a lot in the post. As for him getting his rear end handed to him so much... we'll disagree.

Quote:
See above. Dirk will NEVER be a great low-post player until he becomes heavier and stronger. He does not get position worth a durn down there. If there is a bigger guy on him instead of steve's guy who is switched, he's pretty much useless. In that case he's better out on the perimeter.
Weight has nothing to do with it. McHale never had weight and was the best low post player ever.

Quote:
So that was because??? Raef was traded right? What's your point, should nellie have been throwing out najera (as he did) fortson (as he did) and losing games? I don't like dirk playing there either. But if you were on-board trading raef for walker then what do you have to gripe about?

Good grief, dirk played two years ago predominantly as center. He currently plays whoever he matches up with better. Poor,poor dirk. His defensive (lack of) is also nellie's fault. Not his own desire, I guess.
Actually I've saying Dirk should play the power forward position for the whole year. And yes if that means playing Fortson more at center and using Bradley more then so be it. And now that we have Williams there is no reason why Dirk should play center.

As for Dirk playing center 2 years ago. He never did. Bradley/Booth was our combination when Howard was here. Dirk was a forward for that time. And when Raef came Dirk was the center. Dirk has never played center until this year.

And yes, when the coach constantly changes your position then it's a little unfair to critize the players defensive productivity. Nellie is the main reason why the Mavs do not play much defense. Because Nellie wants matchups so much that he forgets to play players where they are most comfortable. Najera struggles at center. Hmmm... is that Najera's fault? NVE struggled at shooting guard last year... is that NVE's fault? Dirk's struggled at center this year... hmmm... it couldn't be the coach asking the player to defend a position he has never defended before.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote