View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 09:38 AM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE:A-Rod To The Yanks???

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Doc... I saw another analysis...basically saying this was about $20 mil better than the Boston idea...

Do you have an opinion on that since you're the de facto Rangers expert ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Overall, Hicks is probably saving that kind of money in terms of long term dollars OP. But.....it now appears that the Rangers are agreeing to send $67 million (40% of it deferred until after the contract expires) to New York to make the trade happen. I'm not sure how Boston's offer was going to fleece the Rangers out of 87 million (20+67) if that was the case, unless they were also talking about Manny Ramirez's contract coming back to Texas. There are some funny math "goings-ons" here.

The trade helps the Rangers by freeing up as much as 25 million a year over the life of ARod's contract. If the Rangers use it on front of the rotation pitching, they will be fine with the stable of young guns that they have. If they continue to try to outscore the opponent, we will enjoy many more years of mediocrity.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote