View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Pre-Olympics Soccer Tournament, Mexico-US result

I read an article in a Mexican newspaper with the oppinons of several Mexican players, coaches, owners, etc., about the hostile acts against the US team in the games, above all in the last game, related to the "Osama" ranting and the booing of the US National anthem.

Some comments of the interviewed persons defend the right of the fans to do what they did cause they payed a ticket, etcetera. However, most of the opinions are against the acts.

Also a friend of mine told me what had happened cause she watched the game and I didn't.

Although most people here don't understand -<u>for many reasons</u>- what Osama and the 9-11 mean for the American people, I do understand.

Also many persons here hate the US in general and you might know why. Besides, Mexico has suffered major defeats in soccer against the US lately and if you would know what soccer means for our people, you would understand why they acted that way as well.

As I said, I understand pretty well the 9-11 and everything around it -or at least I'm well informed. Also I hate when a national anthem from whatever country in whatever country is booed or a national flag is burned -which here didn't happen-, that's why I apologize if I meant -here on in other threads- that I approved the acts. I didn't and I don't approve those or other kind of offensive acts.