View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 11:58 AM   #51
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:With Wallace gone...does that open the door for a trade with Golden State?

I personally want the Mavs to win the championship, preferably this year.
I don't care if Walker stays or goes. I don't care if it is Damp or Tag. I am not worried about Rashweed head.
I will admit that if things go exactly perfect, I think this team can win it all. I just think the odds are not good of that happening, with the personnel they have currently constructed.

Free agency sounds good, but we don't have anything to offer but the MLE. Maybe Tag?? Nothing to help this year.
A trade for talent that meets the needs of this puzzle called the Dallas Mavericks is the only way to make it work, IMO.
Sacramento is the perfect example. They are so close every year for the last 5, but just can't seem to get over the hump. What if Millers ankle from the AS game is worse than expected? What if (insert name here) goes down? Every year it is something, and I don't want Dallas to be Sacramento. I want them to be the Yankees, (when we have a problem, buy the best option available at that time). The systems are different for sure, but the attitude needs to be the same. Did the Yankees care if Bernie Williams was mad that they brought in Loften? No. He is a better defensive center fielder at this time.

I realize that cap issues make this much different, but the attitude that we can be the best, and go get the best is what I am talking about. The attitude from players that Dallas is the place to be. What kid growing up didn't love/hate Cowboys or Yankees? You loved them or hated them, but you had an opinion. The Mavericks need to get to that level. They can't get there, if they don't start winning championships.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote