View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 11:37 PM   #33
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:When will the Mainstream Media pull their head out of its ...

Quote:
Originally posted by: FreshJive
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:
most people will include sexual behavior when judging morality. Especially if the person being judged vows to behave one way and then behaves another...If he had the affair, but did not lie to his wife about having an affair (hiding something like that is lying about it), then an affair had to be an accepted part of their marriage. Most people would view that as immoral.
I don't know what "vows" were made, nor do you.

If you wish to be so judgemental on what other people decide is acceptable for each other, just how immoral do you see someone who actively engages in spreading uncorroborated, personal attack rumors about a person when not one shred of proof has been provided?

Now that is something that "most people" should see as immoral.
Just because we weren't at the wedding doesn't mean we can't say we know what basic vows were made. Infidelity is a court accepted basis for divorce, so I think it is safe to assume that marriage implies a promise of fidelity. Also, Kerry's wife has been quoted as threatening violence against Kerry if he cheated on her, so if he was cheating it would only be reasonable to assume he was lying about it.

As far as Drudge goes, I think everyone knows that his site is a gossip site. He was only passing along what he heard. He didn't report it as fact. Hell, even Wesley Clark mentioned the scandel. I don't see anything immoral here.
It's only immoral because it's about a liberal dimocrat. The dimocrats can call bush any name they want, make any kind of accusation and it's ok. No one calls them out about it, in fact the most outrageous statements are condoned. You know like Bush was a DESERTER, said by I believe it was michael moore at some dimocrate fund-raiser. NO PROBLEMO the dimocrat stepped right on up and called ole' Mike Moore a great supporter. Yup, the company you keep.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote