View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 05:02 PM   #92
TheBaron

TheBaron is on a distinguished road
Default RE:The Official "Knicks to the Lottery" Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
You guys are so funny... When they were rolling every last one of you would not TOUCH this thread... And here you come running when they start losing some games... Well you wont see me run... This team will make the playoffs and beat whoever they play in the first round... KG and Baron/whoever else will have to drop their head, swallow that lump in their throat, and then take a lump out of their accounts to pay me and this board when this is all over... But go ahead and trash this team when it has its downs... Just dont forget humility and accountability when they have their ups...
You sound confident, Male22.

All teams experience a honeymoon period where things look rosey, but now that everyone is settled we are seeing blowouts regularly and a trend of playing no defense (which is what Isaiah Thomas said he wanted most). That is a bad sign for a team that is nine games under .500 with a healthy team.

Quote:
Just dont forget humility and accountability when they have their ups
I hope you won't either.

Quote:
This team will make the playoffs and beat whoever they play in the first round
Dear God, that is a horrible bet. Can I get in on that? They are vying for the 6,7 and 8 spots in the East which isnt a big feat (they are 6 games out of 5th place so unless there is a meltdown up top they wont see that) so they are competing with Philadelphia, Boston, Cleveland, Toronto, Philadelphia, and Miami (all within one and a half games of the three playoff spots for sub-.500 teams. Even if they turn around the 1-7 stand since the allstar break and preserve their place in the 6th spot they will face either Indiana, Detroit or New Jersey (Right now its New Jersey). Do you honestly think they will beat the only 3 Eastern playoff powers?

Can I put some money on that? I have paypal so it will be easy to transfer the cash.

BTW I wasnt even around when the thread started. A little research?

Oh boy!
TheBaron is offline   Reply With Quote