View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 08:59 AM   #15
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Kerry Vows to Repair Foreign Relations

Fish asked;
Quote:
Mavdog what is your opinion about this statement from Kerry, "War on Terror is overblown and it is basically a law enforcement operation."

Let me guess Kerry was misquoted or he might have changed his mind since, or better yet he has basically three positions on the War on Terrorism
wrong on all guesses. Here's a post I made earlier in another thread that addressed the same quote:

What is incorrect in the statement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''I think there has been an exaggeration,'' he said. ''They are really misleading all of America, Tom, in a profound way. It's primarily an intelligence and law enforcement operation.''
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has the current administration mislead the American public? Very hard to argue that they have not for clearly they have, there have been so many incorrect statements put forth regarding the justifications for the assault on Iraq, what we would find there once we overthrew Hussein, and the connection between Hussein and the Al Queda network. In that the enemies, who is Al Queda only as they are the only ones to threaten the US, are not actual States themselves it is a reasonable conclusion that the use of military force is not the solution but rather search (intelligence) and apprehend (enforcement) is the manner in which to contain and defeat the enemy.

Previous post on the quote
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote