View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #26
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: and the oscar goes to...

Murray Upset at Oscar Result

Actor Bill Murray shocked guests at Sunday night's Academy Awards - when he refused to clap as rival nominee Sean Penn was named Best Actor. The Lost In Translation star looked annoyed when Nicole Kidman announced Penn had won for his performance in Mystic River. According to British newspaper The Sun, Murray later shouted at organizers, "If I knew this was going to happen, I wouldn't have bothered coming." The 53-year-old comedian has made no secret of his dislike of award ceremonies, and didn't show up to collect the Best Actor award at London's BAFTAs last month. Murray has said, "Awards are meaningless to me, and I have nothing but disdain for anyone who actively campaigns to get one. It's a really unattractive sight to see an actor or actress who really wants an Oscar. And you often see it on the show - you see their faces and the desperation is so ugly."
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote