View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 03:21 PM   #9
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Bush campaign stumbles out of the gate

At least these ads were able to temporarily turn the focus of the media on Bush's record on national security. I think he's getting a lot of "bang for his buck", as these ads are being broadcast for free to millions of people by mainstream news outlets.

Plus, I think the over-the-top reaction to these ads as reported by mainstream media also helps Bush. The more irrational and ludicrous the left's platitudes seem, the less of a chance independants will take ANY of their arguments seriously. It's not the crazy Bush bashing wierdos like the ones complaining about Bush's ad that Bush is trying to win over, it's the fence-straddling undecided who are listening to both sides with an open and clear mind. Right now I'd wager that most of latter think the former has strayed a little far from rational thought (at least that should be the thought of any American who still considers terrorism a real and current threat to our safety)

But most importantly, the Dems are dangerously close to alligning themselves on the wrong side of the most important issue in this election... that of national security. If they continure to yell and scream every time this issue is brought up, they will likely appear to the public as a group that doesn't want to address the issue at all. In my opinion, weakness and indifference on national security spells doom for Kerry.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote