View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 03:30 PM   #8
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:North Korea warms to Kerry presidency bid

LRB posted;
Quote:
They know we're serious when we say "or else."
or else what? Are you seriously suggesting that the US would invade North Korea?
That's absurd thinking if you are....even the current administration doesn't threaten this.

and you still can't show one benefit that invading Iraq has provided the US in its negotiations with North Korea.

Quote:
I'm not saying that it has solved the situation, because I believe that it is far from solved. However I do see it as an improvement. They can hurt us, but we can completely destroy them. I prefer respect, but with some people, and I believe the rulers of North Korea to be such, the only thing that motivates them is fear and greed. I'm very happy if we can put the fear of the USA into them
so, the answer to my request, that you provide ONE benefit, is that there is NONE. Thanks...I didn't believe that there were.

Fish posted:

Quote:
Yes the situation has improved, now they are being forced to multi-lateral talks with their neighbors
"forced"? Just who and what "forced" the North Koreans to the talks? hint: it was NOT the US and the attack on Iraq. It was the use of diplomacy, specifically the Chinese. Sabre rattling isn't the cure all to everything (much to the chagrin of some WH folks IMHO)

Quote:
China is now involved in talks and that is the key.
You mean "now' as opposed to when China was involved before? No change there...

Quote:
If it was bi-lateral talk involving US and N Korea I think they will black mail the USA for concessions for non verifiable compliance. I think Kerry would prefer a fake solution like Clinton, Carter and similar demoracts as opposed to a real one.
oh, nice conjecture and assumptions. I think that Bush would prefer to blow up the whole Korean peninsula,,,although there's no truth in it, can I conjecture and assume just like you?

Quote:
This is why the crazy N Koreans are wishing for Kerry, so they can milk us dry with the threat of producing Nuclear Weapons.
It's not threat mind you, they HAVE nukes. As for why they might prefer Kerry, they are frustrated that the current administration isn't sitting down and negotiating. The wisdom of the Bush administration's approach wil be decided by the success or lack of success in the future. Right now there's a lack of success as the Koreans are still enriching plutonium (and possibly now uranium) and we are watching.

Quote:
If Terrorism and National Security is not your top concern then Kerry would be the obvious choice for the presidency.
Really? With all the success in nabbing those terrorists who struck our country that may not too accurate

Quote:
I predict that if Kerry become the president the main stream media will NOT talk about outsourcing, jobless recovery, gay marriages,the homeless and poverty anymore.
Carnac is alive and well it seems.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote