View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 03:49 PM   #9
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all
Default RE:North Korea warms to Kerry presidency bid

I'm not sure if this administration is going any further than the previous administration regarding dismantling, eliminating weapons of mass destruction that are being built in Korea, however I believe the Bush administration is at least doing a better job (I hope!) of at least containing them to the peninsula (see fairly recent articles of shipment intercepts, etc).

Choices we have:

Previous administration: negotiate to stop weapons program (didn't work, they still produced, sold weapons, etc), and pay them billions in incentives....

Current administration: Korea still building weapons, but unable to export them. We aren't pouring (other than direct humanitary supplies) money into the peninsula since Korea is not conforming to previous agreements.

Let the N. Korean eat dirt and whine all they want, and threaten us...they understand that with Bush, the end result will be annihilation if they follow through with their threats. Much more effective (and substantially cheaper) than to give them soft glove treatment. I don't think the N. Koreans have ever been threatened by this administration...Bush has simply called their bluff, hence them going back to the negotiating table, trying to get other countries involved so they can find other extortion suckers...