View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 03:12 AM   #61
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Official: Antoine Walker SUCKS thread

Puba, I love your closing optimism, and I really hope Walker comes around, but his play, along with Nellie's insistance on playing him a lot for most of the season, has been the single biggest problem with the Mavs this year. Even when he was doing well by the standard statistical measures earlier in the year the team simply didn't do as well when he was on the floor. As a new addition to a WCF finalist with three all-stars, that's his responsibility. Lately, with the colossal tank job he's been pulling, Nellie's hand has been forced. I've posted some +/- stats for him over the last four games in this thread and one other and they're just out of control bad. If this team wants to win games at all he needs to sit until he figures it out. There have been plenty of posters who have hated on Toine since the beginning, and while I don't think that's entirely fair, the way he's conducted himself on and off the court recently have really made the pessimists seem like the smart ones. It doesn't matter if AJ and Eddie don't always play like tonight. They've got a long way to fall before they'll make Antoine, the way he's playing, look like a viable option.