View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 09:22 AM   #65
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:The Official: Antoine Walker SUCKS thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
X- my concern is this and I've just expressed it to KG in a PM...about 3 minutes ago...

When are we going to find that there are very few teams willing to "blow themselves up" for cap space...after all...the Denvers, Utahs, Atlantas, and Phoenixs of the world aren't going to do it ewvery two years. I'm just afraid that themarket for these big expiring contracts maay dry up in the next year or two, so I'm not that willing to pass up a good deal and hold a "problem" on the team up to the trade deadline...and you also run into the "jelling" factor again. Do we want to bring in one or two new big time players at the deadline...or play with them all year ?
OP, there are several opinions on that.

There will always be "A Team" as long as there is "A Player" worth getting under the cap for. This year, that player is Kobe. I really don't know who that player is next year, but there is always somebody.

Second, there will always be teams that are rebuilding and know they are going to be bad and would rather have the options. The benefit of Walker is that he is a former allstar and still can put up good numbers. Any team that takes him can argue that they want to resign him and the problem in Dallas was minutes and the problem in Boston was Ainge. You put Walker on Atlanta and he scores 25 points a night and is an allstar.

The market for big expiring contracts won't dry up because there aren't as many big expiring contracts as there used to be.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote