View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #6
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Iraqis have faith unlike F Kerry

Take a look at the list of countries ID'd as involved in Operation Iraqi Freedom and almost all are either a) providing overflight clearance or b) naval support/vessels.

OIF webpage

I can't see how the figure is what is tossed around (22K ?) unless it includes sailors out at sea.

There are multiple stages in the conflict, and they dropped the ball on the post war part.

I never called the current situation "a disaster" but it clearly is more chaotic than it could be if there had been better planning. Wolfowitz (and others in the current admin) is responsible for this lack of planning.

In that there were no WMD, nor any scuds to take care of, those items aren't issues that would prevent a plan for post war Iraq from being put into action. Those are straw man arguments...

The plan should have been to have a multi nation "police" prescence ready to hit the ground as soon as the armed forces were through with their attack, which would have been about 10 months ago. This should have included muslim and non muslim personnell so that there was NO perception that they were occupiers but rather that the world was ready to help Iraq. I know that we are trying to help Iraq, you know it too, but I'd expect to the average Iraqi fed disinformation by their government for decades they aren't entirely sure.

All it would have taken is for a more deft diplomatic plan for post war Iraq...but then diplomacy clearly isn't the strong suit of this administration.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote