View Single Post
Old 03-23-2001, 11:34 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I say we should try to bring Rik Smits to Dallas for the playoffs! I just e-mailed Mr. Cuban about this. Call me crazy, but I really think this would be a great idea. Think of the kind of flexibility that pairing up Smits and Bradley would give us. Smits is an adequate post defender, but he causes matchup nightmares offensively. I don't know how anyone would be able to guard a lineup featuring Nash/Fin/Dirk/Howard/Smits. This move could really help us advance beyond the first round this year. He considered coming back to the Pacers because his perennially injured feet have been feeling better this year, and he has been working out with the Dutch national team. Earlier this year, I also read that his agent had talked to the Lakers about a possible return in order to have a chance at winning a title... If we could actually get him to come, I think that he would fit in perfectly with the Mavs as the seventh or eighth guy in the rotation. Nelson would have a field day incorporating him into the offense. He would only need to play 10-15 minutes a game, but those minutes could really go far in terms of their impact in the playoffs...