View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 04:18 PM   #17
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of
Default RE:(Warning: Indirect electoral issue) Bill criminalizes violent harm to fetus

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
Sweets, you're dead on.

My mother, who is the director for a non-profit organization here in Dallas that helps homeless families get back on their feet, is always talking about this. "What is the government going to do with all these unwanted children? We aren't doing anything at all for the ones we already have."

My favorite is the pro-life LDS commercial from years back that featured a blonde, sun-dappled baby with rosy cheeks with its adoptive family. Everyone was white, upper class, picket fence, happy as could be. The underlying message was, "Why have an abortion when you could bring a child into the world and put them in a situation like this?" I thought my mom was going to lose it. She was like, "What about the millions upon millions of abandoned, drug-addicted minority children that would all the sudden be on the government's doorstep?"

As a society, we completely ignore the children we do have. Let's bring on millions upon millions more! Perfect!
I see your point, but be honest here. Do you think that this world would be a better place if they were all dead?

jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote