View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 09:46 AM   #12
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Canadian/Russian prospect Ivan Chiriaev: "I can be better than Nowitzki"

Quote:
"Dirk Nowitzki at my age played in Germany in a league which was probably worse than Canadian high school basketball, and Yao Ming played professionally in the worst league in the world,"
This what I thought was funny.........

1.........How can he tell if the German league is worse then Canadian high school level talent? Germany has produced some really good basketball talent like Dirk, Detlef Schrempf, Kiki Vandeweghe etc......I know Germany isnt a basketball powerhouse but last I checked, Canada wasnt either.

2..........This Yao comment really makes me wonder.......Yao didnt play in the best league outside of the NBA. But that Chinese league is in no way to worse league in the world. In that league, Yao, then at the age of 17, frequently played and dominated against members of the Chinese National Team who happend to play in that league. And the Chinese NT isnt exactly a push over squad anymore. I bet thay can take Team Canada (with Ivan Chiriaev) anyday.