View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 09:58 PM   #53
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road
Default RE:OFFICIAL: Cleveland @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3

Dirk's never averaged more than 1.9 turnovers per game for a season. Apparently, if the way he's dribbled on the drive makes him an easy turnover target, no one has caught on. How long has he been in the league?
turnovers overall aren't as a big a problem for Dirk as it is for Walker. Dirk's primary game is shooting jump shots and making the standard pass, which limits his turnovers. perhaps, I shouldn't have mentioned his dribbling form in this game thread, since he hasn't really turned the ball over in this particular game, but it has been my experience that in key moments, particularly in playoff games, he usually turns over the ball in the paint, when during a drive, or trying to spin, he dribbles the ball too high and allows for easy steals, esp. when he drives into traffic. and it isn't really until key games like playoffs when other players make more of an effort to strip the ball, esp. teams like kings and lakers. i've noticed that Dirk is particularly successful in the paint, when he limites his dribbles to one or two bounces, and then goes for the shot.
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote